San Bernardino County Library Now Offers Download Audiobooks, eBooks, Music, and Video Best-selling and classic titles available anytime, anywhere!
San Bernardino County Library has expanded its services with audiobooks, eBooks, music, and video, available to download from the library’s website. Library card holders can check out and download digital media anytime, anywhere by visiting http://sbcldigital.lib.overdrive.com/.
Users may browse the library’s website, check out with a valid library card, and download to PC, Mac®, and many mobile devices. Users will need to install free software. For audiobooks, music, and video: OverDrive® Media Console™. To read eBooks, users will need Adobe® Digital Editions. Titles can be enjoyed immediately or transferred to a variety of devices, including iPod®, Sony® Reader™, and many others. Some audio titles can also be burned to CD to listen on-the-go. Titles will automatically expire at the end of the lending period. There are no late fees!
OverDrive is a leading full-service digital distributor of eBooks, audiobooks, music, and video. We deliver secure management, DRM protection, and download fulfillment services for hundreds of publishers and thousands of libraries, schools, and retailers serving millions of end users. OverDrive has been named to the EContent 100 as a company that matters most in the digital content industry. Founded in 1986, OverDrive is based in Cleveland, OH. www.overdrive.com
About Gale Virtual Reference Library
Gale Virtual Reference Library is a database of encyclopedias and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research. These reference materials once were accessible only in the library, but now you can access them online from the library or remotely 24/7 without any user or time limits! Every library creates their own eBook collection, so you can access eBooks hand selected for the library patrons of San Bernardino County. Within the product you will find reference eBooks on a range of topics such as travel, technology, history, biography, children’s reference titles, business, education, science and much more! You can access GVRL easily with a library card on your home computer, tablet or mobile phone. For more information, watch a short video or read instructions below.
Unable to find the answers to your questions about Gale with the above videos and help pages?
Please click here to contact library staff with a detailed description of your problem or question.
In order to facilitate troubleshooting, please include the following information in your correspondence:
- - Steps to reproduce the problem
- - Exact text of any error message
- - URL(s) of any error page(s)
- - Library card number
- - Title(s) of problem download(s)
- - Make and model of mobile device
- - Operating system (Mac® OS 10.6.2, Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows XP, etc.
- - Internet browser and version
3M Cloud Library - For information with 3M please click here
Read full digital copies of your favorite magazines on a computer, tablet, smartphone, or mobile device.
How does it work?
- You’ll need your San Bernardino County Library card & a computer or device with internet access (data rates may apply when downloading to a smartphone or device)
- Using the library’s free Zinio magazine service requires the creation of two accounts - a Library Zinio account to view the County Library’s collection and a free Zinio.com account to read magazines online or via the Zinio app on your mobile device. Follow these steps below to create both accounts. (We recommend using the same email & password.)
Create a Library Zinio account to browse and check out
1. Go to the https://www.rbdigital.com/sanbernardinococa to create your account.
2. Enter your library card number.
3. Enter your name, email and create a password. You will receive a welcome email to confirm your account.
4. Begin browsing the Library Zinio magazine collection.
Create a free Zinio.com account to read your magazines
1. Browse the library’s collection and click a cover to check out a magazine.
2. First-time users must enter an email address and password to create a free Zinio.com account (for your next visit, click on SIGN IN HERE).
3. In your Zinio.com account, click on YOUR LIBRARY to read the magazines you have checked out.
Install the Zinio Reader App
- Visit your device’s app store to download and install the free Zinio app for Apple iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, Blackberry, Windows 8, PC, or Mac.
Note: Use the Zinio app only to read your magazines. Browse and check out magazines using a Web browser & your Library Zinio account.
Read your Magazines
- Read your magazines using your computer browser or the Zinio Reader app on your tablet, smartphone, or mobile device. For optimal viewing, we recommend using the free Zinio Reader App. Depending on your device, click on READ or a book icon to read your magazines.
Checking Out Additional Magazines
Managing Your Zinio.com Account
- Note: Zinio.com is a commercial website and will have advertisements for magazines not offered by the Library, as well as more adult content. Go to ACCOUNT SETTINGS to stop receiving unwanted sample magazines, emails from Zinio.com, or to block adult content.
- To edit your collection to remove magazines, connect to your Zinio.com account. Click YOUR LIBRARY at the top of the browser page. Click EDIT YOUR READING LIST. Use the dropdown arrows to select the title you wish to cancel. Click the red X button to remove, then click DONE.
- What magazines are available? How many can I check out? Over 100 titles are available from your library. Please see our list below. You can check out as many magazines as you wish.
- How can I read old copies? Only the current title is available in Zinio.
- Can I read the magazine on both my computer and iPad? Yes, you can download the magazine in a number of formats including the computer, iPad, Android tablet, & smartphone.
- Why didn't I get the next copy of the magazine when it became available? You need to return to the Library’s Zinio website to check out the next issue of the magazine.
- How long do I get to keep the magazine? Do I need to return the magazines? You keep the magazine until you delete it from your computer or device. You do not need to return the magazine.
- How do I download the Zinio app for the Kindle Fire? Please follow these instructions from Zinio for Kindle Fire users.
Available Magazines from San Bernardino County Library (All Titles Subject to change based Upon Publisher Licensing Agreement):
4 Wheel & Off Road
American Girl Magazine
Angels on Earth magazine
Arts & Crafts Homes
Better Homes and Gardens
Car and Driver
Cloth Paper Scissors
Columbia Journalism Review
Cosmopolitan for Latinas
Destination Weddings & Honeymoons
Digital Photo Pro
Do It Yourself
Dr. Oz The Good Life
ESPN The Magazine
Every Day with Rachael Ray
Field & Stream
Food Network Magazine
iPad & iPhone User
iPad for Parents
Juxtapoz Art & Culture Magazine
Kiplinger's Personal Finance
Kung Fu Tai Chi
Martha Stewart Living
Martha Stewart Weddings
MOTHER EARTH NEWS
National Geographic Interactive
National Geographic Traveler Interactive
New York Review of Books
O, The Oprah Magazine
Sport Life - Mexico
Taste of Home
Taste of Home Holiday
The Complete Guide to PS4
Thrasher Skateboard Magazine
Town & Country
Vanidades - Mexico
Women's Fitness Magazine
Xbox: The Official Magazine
Creating an Organic Garden
The Red Bulletin
Tulsa Book Review